Q: Not starting winding sound

I recently took my engine apart and took the heads off to clean them. Then I put my engine back together and it won’t start. It’s making a whining sound kind of like the starter and it won't ignite. Could it be the timing or is it something else?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1975 Chevrolet Nova. An engine that cranks and doesn’t start is lacking one or more of the following: spark, fuel or compression. The timing being off is just one of the many potential causes. I suggest you have a professional diagnose your vehicle firsthand to determine the root cause of this. If you would like to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to inspect your starting issue and help you move forward with repair.