Q: Not starting properly

Sometimes when I try to start my jeep I get nothing (radio, air and panel work fine) but if I turn the key a few times it starts.

A: There could be several reasons why your Jee...

There could be several reasons why your Jeep is hard to start. It sounds like it may be a poor connection. You may want to start by tracing the charging and starting systems' circuits, and make sure that all of the connections are clean, dry, and tight. When the engine does not start on the initial turn of the key, do you hear a clicking or any sign that the starter is attempting to engage? If not it is likely that the starter solenoid and or starter motor are malfunctioning and may need to be replaced. In addition to the wires and their terminals being loose or having a poor connection you will also want to check both systems' ground connections as well. Check the wiring and make sure everything looks fine, and be prepared to test and possibly replace the starter.