Q: not starting filling tank

My E250 is hard to start after getting gas. I don’t over fill my tank either. So what happens is it will crank, but not turn over on the first 2 tries. By the 3rd or 4th try it starts, and then it runs rough and quits. By the 4th to 5th try it will start then run. I’ve replaced the fuel pump, purge valve, solenoid, gas cap and the canister. My van ran good for almost 1,000 miles, but now it’s all starting over again. The check engine light came on today, and I got these codes - P0171 - P0174 - bank lean codes. I have no idea what’s wrong. Can you help?

Hi! The symptoms you are describing for your 2013 Ford E-250 sound like that of a vacuum leak leaking intake manifold gasket. I suggest that you have the intake manifold tested with the smoke machine. Doing so will test your vacuum lines and the the intake manifold gaskets. A great way to get the vehicle smoke tested is through a mobile repair service, such as YourMechanic. They will be also able to diagnose your hard starting issue and let you know what needs to be done.