Q: Q: Not Starting

I'm working on a 2004 Cavalier and while holding the gas pedal down it acts like it wants to start but when I'm not holding it down it just keeps turning over. I can here the fuel pump buzz and the ignition module has ben changed but it will not get enough gas to start the car.

This may be a sign of a faulty fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator. As you know, when you turn the key to on, the fuel pump is activated and the fuel system is primed with fuel at a specific pressure in order to supply the fuel injectors with enough fuel to start the motor. When this is less than what is needed in order for the motor to fire or in some cases higher than normal, you may notice an erratic fluctuation in engine RPMs or hard starting. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your fuel system.

3. Q: Not Starting