Q: Q: Not starting

Car has been parked for 5 years and not used. I thought I'd fire it up so I could sell it.

New battery installed, the starter clicks but won't fire up.

The fuel gauge indicates very low or possibly no fuel. I'll try put some fuel in tomorrow.

If it's not a fuel issue is there a way for me to get the car started?

What you are describing sounds like a faulty starter solenoid. If you hear a clicking sound when turning the key, it is likely that your starter solenoid may be faulty. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Not starting