Q: Not starting....battery not holding charge as after charging works once then fails again?

Land Rover doesn't start. Battery charged, car used twice then failed to start again.

Hi there:

Under most circumstances, the way it’s supposed to work is that your battery supplies power to the starter and the main relay. The main relay powers the fuel pump and computer. The battery also supplies the initial electric spark to the spark plugs. Once the engine is cranked, the alternator begins turning, which generates the electricity necessary to recharge the battery and to power the engine and other components. If your battery isn’t holding a charge, it’s possible that the alternator or any of the electrical components that comprise the charging system are damaged. It’s also possible that the battery has lost a lot of cranking amps and simply can’t retain the charge for extended time. The best way to know for certain is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a battery is not holding a charge inspection.

• Not starting....battery not holding charge as after charging works once then fails again?