Q: Not start on its own

My dad had a new starter put in and you can here starter but it's like the starter isn't touching flywheel/ flexplate to crank truck over. Have to push start to drive it. What happened or is wrong or missing

Either the starter is defective, the flywheel teeth are broke off, or there is not enough power getting to the starter to engage it and turn it. Try checking if your battery power is getting to the starter with full power by doing a voltage drop to the starter. Also, check the ground from the battery to the engine for voltage drop. If you have more than 1/2 volt drop from battery voltage at either cable then that cable needs repaired or replaced.

If you need help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can perform the voltage drop test and properly diagnose your starting issue. An accurate repair can then be made once the problem has been pinpointed.