Q: not shifting at running temp

Once the car is at normal running temperature it will remain in same gear, fluid level and color is good,

This can be caused by quite a few different things, from a bad transmission, to a bad speed sensor. Your Durango will need to be connected to a scanner so that all the relevant data can be observed. What is done next is heavily dependent on what is found in the data.

Any of these parts could be a potential cause of no shift issue on a Dodge Durango:

• Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
  • Vehicle speed sensor (VSS)
  • Transmission failure - a crack inside the transmission could expand and cause a loss of pressure
  • Valve body
  • One of several solenoids
  • Even the alternator
  • More...

I recommend having a qualified mechanic diagnose your shifting issue.

3. not shifting at running temp