Q: not shifting at running temp

Once the car is at normal running temperature it will remain in same gear, fluid level and color is good,

A: This can be caused by quite a few different...

This can be caused by quite a few different things, from a bad transmission, to a bad speed sensor. Your Durango will need to be connected to a scanner so that all the relevant data can be observed. What is done next is heavily dependent on what is found in the data.

Any of these parts could be a potential cause of no shift issue on a Dodge Durango:

• Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
  • Vehicle speed sensor (VSS)
  • Transmission failure - a crack inside the transmission could expand and cause a loss of pressure
  • Valve body
  • One of several solenoids
  • Even the alternator
  • More...

I recommend having a qualified mechanic diagnose your shifting issue.