Q: Not shifting up as expected. 1999 Mazda

When driving it selects 1 or 2 and Will start showing hold on the dashboard at that point I will have to stop the car and start it again as several times as drive on the way. Please what is the cause and how do i fix it.

Hello - near or on the shifter is a button marked "Hold". Press this button to release the "gear hold" feature, and return your transmission to normal up-shift behavior. If this does not return normal shifting behavior, check the transmission fluid. If fluid level is correct, I would then recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Not shifting up as expected. 1999 Mazda