Q: Not getting fuel to transfer to lines after changing pump and filter.

I changed fuel pump and fuel filter and fuel pressure sensor. Still not getting gas in lines. Gas gauge stopped working also . I went ahead and change ignition coil and new sparkshoes and wires.. I disconnected the fuel lines and no fuel came out. What should I do now?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing you want to do is make sure you are getting power to the fuel pump. Turn the key to the "On" position and listen for the pump to prime. You should hear a "whirling" sound coming from fuel tank. If you do not hear this, you can test for power with a voltmeter at the pump’s wiring terminal and make sure it is receiving the voltage it should. With no gas gauge it seems as if the pump is not registering with the computer and engine. It is rare that you get a faulty replacement pump, but it can happen. If the fuel pump is not receiving voltage you will want to check the fuel pump relay and make sure it is allowing voltage to pass through. Further testing on the fuel pump should reveal what your issue is.

• Not getting fuel to transfer to lines after changing pump and filter.