Q: Nonworking speedometer

The speedometer doesn't work, and I can't tell how fast I'm driving.

Hello. The speedometer in your vehicle is electronic. There are sensors in the transmission that send a signal to the stepper motor on the cluster. Some transmission have two sensors. One of the sensors is for the computer and the other for the speedometer. They are not a common failure item, but they do fail. A scan tool is typically necessary for a correct diagnosis. In some cases, the failure will cause erratic transmission shifting. I suggest seeking help from a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the speedometer issue and replace any components that are failing.

3. Nonworking speedometer