Q: Noisy power steering rack on a '92 Integra

I have a '92 Integra I just picked up for 400 dollars. It runs awesome and transmission shifts perfectly but it needs a power steering rack. It makes clicking and rattling noises but steers fine. Is it worth replacing or just driving until it drives?

A: If it's safe and it drives okay and you...

If it's safe and it drives okay and you don't have play in it, a lot of play -- then they are generally safe enough to drive. But one thing you might want to check is the rubber bushings in the steering rack. Jack it up and get under there with a flash light and check where the power steering rack bolts onto the body. A lot of times those rubber bushings just wear out and then they crack. You can just buy those rubber bushings, put the rubber bushings and bolt them on. I've seen that happen a lot with those cars and it is a really easy fix. If you want to have this done, a technician from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to inspect your suspension and determine what repairs are appropriate.