Q: noisy engine

how much does it cost to replace a new rear brake and a water pump including belt and thermostat ?

A brake replacement on your Mercedes-Benz is a fairly simple repair that our mechanics can do for you. We use quality parts, including Zimmerman rotors and high performance Pagid brake pads. You can also request Mercedes factory pads if you chose to do so as well.

I recommend replacing the rotors at the same time you are doing a brake job, as Mercedes rotors cannot be resurfaced. This job can be done in about an hour and a half and can range from about $280 -$380 depending on your specific model of Mercedes.

Replacement of the water pump, serpentine belt as well as the thermostat is a little more involved. Together, it takes about five hours and this repair can range from $650 -$800 depending on your specific model.

I would recommend requesting a quote for your vehicle on the YourMechanic website. There, you will be able to enlist the assistance of one of our mobile technicians to come out and perform a thorough inspection of the engine noise on your vehicle.

Once on site, they will address your braking and water pump concern, as well as inspect the rest of the vehicle. Once the technician can tell you exactly what your vehicle needs, they can give you an accurate estimate of each repair.

Our repairs come with a 12,000-mile/12-month warranty. One of the best aspects of our services is that inspection fees are applied to follow-up appointments for related repairs, should you choose to do the repairs with us; essentially your initial inspection is free.