Q: Noises form a left front wheel on a 2006 Dodge diesel

I have a Dodge 2006 Diesel with 15,000 miles. Before I got home, there are noises from the left front wheel and I think it's the bearings or brakes.

A: Jack it up, pull on the wheels and if it’s ...

Jack it up, pull on the wheels and if it’s the bearings, you’ll be able to wiggle it at three and nine and also at six and twelve, because it wiggles all around. It’s a wheel bearing and there will be play everywhere. If there is no play there, it can easily be the brakes.

Pull the tire off and look at the brakes. You can see if something is worn out. It’s 2006, so if it’s ten years old, it could be anything. But, the brakes are a lot cheaper. Hope that it needs a brake job and not the wheel bearings. If you would like to have this inspected, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s noise and determine what needs to be repaired.