Q: Noise while pressing gas but goes away after driving awhile

While pressing gas pedal there is a whineing sound and then goes away after driving for awhile. Also have had abnormal stiff stearing in cold.

Recent service: Brake job on rear brakes but sound is coming from engine area.

The whining noise might originate in the collection of accessories that are driven by the serpentine belt or belt idler, pulleys or the tensioner. Another possibility is the air intake. And, of course, it could also be your power steering pump, given that you also have reduced power assist. Check pump reservoir fluid level. If pump fluid level is OK, the pump output pressure may be inadequate or the pump drive belt might not have adequate tension. To resolve both the noise and steering issue, request a vehicle noise diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Noise while pressing gas but goes away after driving awhile