Q: Noise when shifting at lower speeds - 2008 Jaguar XK

My car makes some unusual noise during shifting. This is kind of a vibration noise that is most noticable when I drive at lower speeds. It occurs during shifting form second to thrid gear. It can also appear when I drive uphill. I was told by the dealer that this is a common noise made by this model. What could be making the noise?

A: There are 2 possible sources of the "v...

There are 2 possible sources of the "vibration noise" under the circumstances you outline. First, have the driveshaft and center support carrier checked for balance, proper alignment and lubricaion. Second. have the transmission's torque convertor evaluated. Both items have some history of misbehavior with your model. Both of these require specialized expertise - available at a driveshaft repair or transission shop.