Q: Noise when driving - clutch issues?

I just bought a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT 6 speed. I noticed today that when I am driving there is a knocking noise coming from the engine, but if I push the clutch in, it stops. The car has a after market short shift clutch. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. It sounds ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. It sounds like you may have a defective clutch or a transmission input shaft gear problem. If you'd like help looking into it, consider having one of our certified mechanics come to your home or office to inspect the noise and see if it is a clutch issue or a problem inside the transmission. From there, we can recommend or make the necessary repairs.