Q: Noise when braking

I have a Nissan Note DBA-E11 2008/9. When I brake, I hear some noise coming from the front wheels and can feel it on the brake pedal. However, when the ABS light comes on, the problem disappears.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. It seems the anti-lock braking system (ABS) is activating when it should not be. If the ABS detects a sensor at zero when you are driving and hitting the brakes, it will activate the ABS to the wheel. If the speed in one of the wheels goes to zero when the brakes are not pushed, it will set a code in the ABS module and turn on the ABS light. I recommend having a certified technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to isolate the failed sensor and perform the necessary repairs for you.