Q: noise turning off, accelerating

A strange noise started about a month ago. I first noticed it 2 seconds after I turned off the engine. It sounds like a fan or electronic problem. After everytime I accelerate I hear the noise or after hitting 2,000 rpms too 3,500 rpms and then going back down to 2000 rpms it makes the noise. I took it to the mechanic and he thinks it could be the condensor but he wasn't sure. What do you think it could be?

A: The condenser is a part of the air conditio...

The condenser is a part of the air conditioning system and is similar to the radiator. There is no moving parts on the condenser it is simply a means of refrigerant travel and cool down. You may however be experiencing a problem with your cooling fan for the condenser. It is possible that something could be stuck inside the fan shroud causing the fan to hit it and make some of the noises you are hearing.

You may not be able to hear the noise past 3500 rpm due to the sound of the engine exhaust. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional in order to determine the exact source of the noise you are hearing.