Q: Noise in the frontal area off the engine near the fan

after almost 100 km of off road travel, getting stuck, helping other by pulling them when they were stuck, in a lose sand area, when i arrived home, suddenly we are surprised by a a relative loud noise like something snapping and starting to knock in the frontal area off the engine, synchronized with the engine rotation noise. the noise i can describe as like if my engine was sounding like a Diesel engine, since my engine is a petrol one, the knock it makes is sound similar ( not in a literal way ) , but aware that it is something knocking. The car is moving, i can drive it, also i felt like it is somehow without his normal power, and seems being burning with some difficulty, some people say that may be a valve, or the timing belt, other may be the traction. Please Help me

Hello, thank you for writing in. There must be more diagnostic work and testing done to determine what the issue is. Without a drive or timing belt, the engine would either not run at all, or perform very poorly. This does not mean that an inspection of the timing belt/chain should not be done. There are other components in the timing belt system that can become damaged and cause issues. The valve and lifter consideration is valid, and can be inspected visually with some time and energy. Unfortunately you may also have crankshaft end play or a bad camshaft bearing. Use the location of the sound to help you determine what to check into first. One by one, check into the systems in that area until you find the culprit. For more help resolving the noise, contact our service department.

3. Noise in the frontal area off the engine near the fan