Q: Noise in power steering and wheel difficult to handle

When I make a turn, there is a noise in the power steering, plus the wheel feels heavier and more difficult to handle, especially when first driving. What causes this?

The power steering is not giving enough pressure from a leak or a defective pump or rack and pinion, depending on if whether it is leaking. If the pump works better when warm, then you may need to have the pump pressure tested to see if the pump meets specification. A power steering fluid leak inspection should be performed and any leaks fixed before a total diagnosis can be done.

3. Noise in power steering and wheel difficult to handle