Q: Noise from wheel

Put new rotor on front pass side, it was badly damaged with metal on metal braking. Put new pads on both sides. On jacks with the wheels off the brakes sound/work well. With wheels on Pass side makes a disturbing noise. I have checked and rechecked the installation but all seems well. When I drove it the brakes seemed to function well and the noise goes away when braking but if there when driving. After a few minutes of driving the brake light came on, which it didn't even do when it was metal on metal. Any ideas? There isn't any fluid leakage so I'm not thinking the caliper is bad?

Hi there:

The symptoms you’re describing are indicators of worn out wheel bearings. However, it’s also possible that the caliper is faulty or you have excessive brake pressure that’s causing the pads to drag on the rotor; which could also cause this sound. To know for sure, I’d suggest contacting a mobile mechanic and have them complete a car is making a noise inspection; so they can determine exactly what’s causing this noise and recommend the right repairs.