Q: Noise coming from wheels

i am getting a noise on the passagener side and its like you are flicking cards kind of noise. it gets louder as speed is increased. i am too afraid to drive the car with 4 children, i have been to 2 diff garages each with a diff story . one suggested a steering rack and the other thinks its the part worn tyres i put on is causing the problem. i did however only start to hear the npise after the tyres were replaced. im just worried as one saying such an expensive part and the other nothing .

If you suspect a tire problem, the easiest way to verify it is to rotate the tires and see if the apparent source of the noise moves. Tires can cause a multitude of sounds and they don’t have to have visible damage to do so. Another possibility would be a wheel bearing or even a hub cap if you have them. If you can’t figure it out, contact YourMechanic and they can send a technician to your home or office to diagnose the noise our for you firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. Noise coming from wheels