Q: Noise coming from exhaust cam sprocket.

I changed the timing belt and new can sprockets. The noise happened ever since I changed the timing belt and not the sprockets. The noise happens only at an idle. It does not affect the idle, mileage, or driving on anyway. When we accelerate and stay on the gas the noise will go away.

A: Hi there. I would need to know if you repla...

Hi there. I would need to know if you replaced your timing belt tensioner and pulley? The pulley bearing wears with mileage and the tensioner weakens with age as well. If the pulley bearing is worn or the tensioner is weak and flopping around, then noise is generated. I recommend having a certified professional from YourMechanic diagnose the noise and perform the needed repairs.