Q: No tire pressure sensor, disappointing

When I first got my 2008 Nissan Sentra, the tire pressure sensor seemed like a neat feature. Around 75,000 miles, it turned on and has stayed on since (I'm at 95,000 miles now). I have checked the tire pressure a dozen times and the light is wrong, even when it blinks. It’s pretty annoying! Is there any easy way to disable it?

The tire pressure sensor light alerts you when a tire has low pressure. When you get your tire fixed, the light goes out. This is how it’s supposed function when everything is working properly. When the system malfunctions, you may get a blinking light which then comes on solid. This is an indication that the system is having problems. Most likely, one or more of the sensors in the wheels have failed. YourMechanic can scan the system and check to see which sensors are faulty, or if there are other problems. There is no way to disable the system that I know of. I suggest replacing all four sensors with new ones since they have built in batteries which go bad over time, causing the sensor to fail. Replacing all four sensors will give you a fresh start and should last another four to six years.

3. No tire pressure sensor, disappointing