Q: Q: No start condition

04 altima 2.5l I have a no start condition. Tested starter and battery including cables with volt meter. All checked out fine. The engine cranks fine with a remote starter switch attached to the starter but ignition must be in open position for it to work. When key is inserted and turned nothing happens and dash gauge lights dim. Fuses all look good. Dumfounded, any help would be greatly. Appreciated. Thanks in advance. (:

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2004 Nissan Altima. This is likely a faulty starter relay. If you have power to the starter when jumping it straight to the starter from the battery with the key on, this suggests that the starter relay is not completing the circuit on it’s own and needs to be replaced. If you would like help with this, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace your car’s starter relay.

3. Q: No start condition