Q: No start but has crank compression and spark

Car won't start,cranks just wont go the last bit to start up. thought fuel pump or filters so replaced those, still won't start, battery's good spark is there but a bit weak. Not sure where to go from here.

A: Hello. Sorry to hear about your no start co...

Hello. Sorry to hear about your no start condition in your 1990 Celica. If you carefully spray some starter fluid into the intake and it starts momentarily, that would point to a fuel (versus ignition) issue. If it is a fuel issue, you may have a cold start injector and/or a cold start injector time switch in your engine. I would check those two components against FSM specifications (the time switch was a common failure in 1990's vintage Toyota Camry's). If they check out, you then should determine if the injector circuits are actually functioning (if not could be wiring or PCM issue). With a mechanic's stethoscope you can probe for the characteristic click of the solenoid, at each injector, when you are turning over the engine. If no fault is found with the fuel system, you have to diagnose the primary and secondary circuits in the ignition system including the coil and the distributor and the various sensors in the air induction system. Due to the complexity of these systems, you will save considerable time enlisting the aid of YourMechanic. We could give you both a professional diagnosis and your repair options very quickly in a mobile visit to your home or office.