Q: No reverse light or horn - 1982 Chevrolet C30

I’m having electrical problems with my truck. I have no reverse light and no horn. It has a 454 in good condition but a bad carburetor. It has a Muncie transmission with a granny gear and 4.10 gears m 22 transmission. I don’t know how to fix electrical problems. Can you please help? I don’t know what to do.

Check the reverse light switch (located on the transmission?) to be sure it is closing the circuit when Reverse is selected. Make sure there is power to the switch, throught the switch, then power to the reverse light bulbs. Check the bulbs of course. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office and inspect your failing electrical components.