Q: No pressure in the clutch. 2003 Ford Escort

I have tried bleeding the clutch, I pumped the clutch 15 times, and when I opened up the bleeder valve no fluid came out at all. I've also tried holding down the clutch and quickly opening and closing the bleeder valve, I did that about 6 or so times and there was still no pressure at all. I have not been able to get pressure even a little. The car has been sitting almost a year now, the clutch needed replacing, when I got the clutch replaced I made sure it was in correctly before piecing things back together.

Hi there. There seems be a lot of air in the clutch hydraulic system. Check the reservoir on the clutch master cylinder and see if there is any fluid. If there is fluid and it is full and the slave cylinder will not bleed out the fluid, then either the clutch slave cylinder needs replaced or the master cylinder needs replaced. To see if the clutch master cylinder needs replaced, remove the cap to the reservoir and step on the clutch pedal and see if the fluid goes down any. If there is a lot of bubbles and the fluid swirls around, then the seals in the clutch master cylinder are hard. If you need further assistance with your clutch pedal not being firm, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Hello - you are on the right track, the clutch hydraulic system has not been adequately bled. Some clutch hydraulic systems almost require being bled from the bottom - that is, empty the clutch fluid reservoir, then pump brake fluid into the system from a cracked open bleeder valve at the clutch slave cylinder. Filling the system from the bottom allows trapped air to rise (naturally) to the top, and the system is filled without trapped air bubbles as a result. For assistance, I would recommend a clutch fluid replacement service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and perform this sometimes tricky task.