Q: No power when hot. 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

1999 chevy tahoe 5.7l All new below- Throttle sensor Fuel pressure 60-65 New cap & rotor Plugs n wires Fuel filter Knock sensor

Only when hot I have no power. I have toi feather the gas just to move. At 65 on the high way if I go to pass as soon as it shifts down it bogs down and looses all speed and again I have to feather the gas to get going. Anything more than 5% of the pedal and it bogs down. Again only when its ran for awhile this occurs...While cold it runs perfect.

At a total loss now!!!

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in about your ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe. You mentioned you replaced the throttle sensor, but there are a few different sensors related to this. Assuming you replaced the throttle body sensor and not the throttle position sensor, I would suspect that what you are describing is related to the throttle position sensor. This relays info on the position of your foot on the pedal relative to how much fuel is being introduced into the throttle body. As your foot moves, the computer relays this info to the throttle body and just fuels needs accordingly. If you would like to have this looked at, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the vehicle’s loss of power and let you know what should be done.