Q: No power to the starter

Car lights came on but car wouldn't start. I also smelled a plastic burn smell. Mercedes said it was the starter. Replaced both the starter and battery. The starter is still not getting power any suggestions what it might be… I have a 2012 Mercedes CLS 63 AMG

It sounds like what you are describing may be related to a faulty starter relay or some faulty wiring that may not be producing a proper connection. The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems including no response when turning the key to start. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. No power to the starter