Q: No power to fuel pumps on jeep wagoneer

My 1986 jeep wagoneer was working fine until it wouldn't turn on. I tried putting carburetor cleaner and it'd almost start or at least run for a few seconds and turn off.the previous owner swapped out the engine for a 95 camaro but kept the carburetor and for some reason had 2 fuel pumps, one electric next to the tank and one in the tank, but the problem is when i turn the car on you can't even hear the electric pump run at all. i changed the fuel pump and now its not even cranking you just hear the sparks and battery. i'm not sure whats the problem because afterwards my battery started dying cause i left the car open and was working on it the whole day so now I can't diagnose where the problem is really coming from. If you could help it'd be a blessing, I don't know what else to do.

It sounds like you may not have any power going to the fuel pump relay. The relay wires should have ground on two wires, power on one wire and switched power on another wire. To activate the fuel pump your ECU actually connects one of the ground wires to complete the circuit and send power to the fuel pump. If the wires all have power running through them, then it is likely you have a faulty relay. The wire coming from the fuel pump is the other ground wire. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your wiring as this can be very difficult and time consuming without the proper wiring diagram.

3. No power to fuel pumps on jeep wagoneer