Q: No power to fuel pump

Was driving. Truck shut off. Would crank but not start. Changed fuel pump,fuel filter. But not getting power to fuel pump. I turn ignition on and nothing from the pump. Changed relay and still nothing. Is it possible I am still missing something? I checked every fuse.

Hi there,

Sometimes when a fuel pump fails it stores and OBD-II error code that needs to be cleared in order to reactivate power to the pump. The only other thing I can think of is that possibly you forgot to attach the ground wire during the fuel pump replacement. That or one of the wires is pinched somewhere through the electrical circuit. To know for sure, you might want to have one of our local mechanics complete a car not starting inspection to weed out possible reasons why you’re not getting power to the fuel pump.

3. No power to fuel pump