Q: No power to coil

I have power to the coil when the key is just turned on but as soon as I try to start the car I lose power to the coil. My car has an automatic transmission.

A: Hello there, thanks for writing in. You sho...

Hello there, thanks for writing in. You should have power to the coil when the ignition is turned on, and as you start the ignition switch, it should send power on the same wire to the coil. If you lose contact in the ignition switch, then it is a bad ignition switch and should be replaced. It is mounted on the steering column. If you’d like further assistance, consider having one of our certified automotive technicians come to your home or office to diagnose and inspect the issue for you.