Q: No power to car

Hi, My 2001 ford escape is running on 4 cyl and should be running on 6. It had been to an auto electrician and had new spark plugs and a coil pack replaced and it still seems to be running very rough and has not much power. A mechanic has had look and is still not sure what the problem is because he said the two cylinders that rant running are firing up and working but the cars not picking them up. He said it may be in the fuel line and has put some cleaner in with my petrol to see if it cleared it up and it notice last night my fuel pump is leaking and my exhaust was glowing bright red. Would you have any idea of what may be the problem

A: If the fuel pump is leaking, then it should...

If the fuel pump is leaking, then it should be replaced immediately as that is a fire waiting to happen. A glowing exhaust manifold is an indication of the car running very lean (due to the misfiring cylinders most likely). Compression should be checked on the misfiring cylinders.

If compression is good, then most likely cause if failed/clogged injectors. An in-tank fuel system cleaner is rarely strong enough to clean an injector that badly clogged.

If you need assistance with getting this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose the loss of power firsthand for an accurate repair.