Q: No power acceleration after I hit 20 mph

Okay so I had a couple bad hose worn out with cracks I replaced all my vacuum hoses piece by piece so I didn't cross hose anything still having issues like it's not getting enough gas. it throws a code of 1409 and I was driving it I blew a hole in the EGR valve loud boom and then it sounded like a air hose or whatever lots of exhaust coming out of the side so I have replace the PVC valve, EGR sensor, EGR valve, EGR solenoid ,coils, 2 -02 sensors and spark plugs and I still have no power acceleration what do I need to possibly replace next

A: Hi there. It is not too common to see an EG...

Hi there. It is not too common to see an EGR valve have an issue such as this. It may be due to a large amount of back-pressure coming from the exhaust. This occurs when the catalytic converter is failing. I would typically test the exhaust first to see if this is the case. If that is fine and if there is good flow from the exhaust I would then scan the computer for codes to see if there are any known faults in the computer. If that is also fine then I would check the sensor readings to see if there is anything that does not look right. This symptom can also be caused by a valve timing issue, if there is too much wear in the timing belt causing the engine to lose power.

Consider requesting a YourMechanic certified technician come to your home or place of business in order to perform a loss of power inspection on your vehicle.