Q: no pick up

Truck idled and runs good. For it to have a little get up you have to put it to the floor. At normal speed holding the pedal still it looses power have to give it more gas to stay at same speed. It looses about 5 miles per hour in about 5 miles. Put a tune up already that wasn't the problem, I also changed the fuel pump and tank. If theres anything you can help me with it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chad

A: Hi Chad. Assuming the check engine light is...

Hi Chad. Assuming the check engine light is not coming on, leads me to believe the ECM (engine control module)/computer is not recognizing a fault. The overall lack of acceleration and reduced speed, holding a steady accelerator pedal, could be the exhaust system is restricted. The most likely cause would be, a partially plugged catalytic converter. A vacuum test and/or dropping the exhaust could prove the diagnoses. Replacing components without proper diagnoses can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle's lack of acceleration be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.