Q: No left turn signal outside

My turn signals are not functioning correctly. I have a fast flashing indicator for my left turn signal on the dashboard, but no lights on the left turn signal on the outside of my van in the front and the back. I don’t have any brake lights on my left driver’s side. But I do have running tail lights on the left side. How can I fix my lights and signals? Could this be complicated to do?

Hi there. I would start by checking the bulbs. It is possible that this is just a bulb issue. If the bulbs are faulty then they need to be replaced. If the bulbs are fine then I usually use a voltage meter to test the wiring until I find the fault. It is usually in the combination switch for the lights or in the wiring in the rear, near the trailer connection. If you want to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the issue with your turn signal and repair it.

3. No left turn signal outside