Q: No guts and overheating 1994 Ford Fairmont

1994 ED FORD FAIRMONT

It's been one thing after another. My problem now is my car has no guts, have to hold the accelerator to the floor to give it a boost and its fine unless I have to slow down and repeat the process, it also overheats when accelerating over 90km but then the gage will drop back down when I lower my speed.

Thermostat and gaskets replaced. Distributor, cat converter replaced. And a number of other things replaced along with a full service. Help I have already spent over $1600 at the mechanics.

Hi there - I would check some basics - like compression on all cylinders, looking for low compression in 2 adjacent cylinders. This would signal a blown head gasket, which would explain the reduced power, and the overheating. For assistance with this, I would recommend a power loss inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.