Q: no drive or reverse but 1,2,3, still works frans fluid dark grey

would not go into 4th gear or over drive when motor was hot

3. no drive or reverse but 1,2,3, still works frans fluid dark grey

Q: I was driving my truck and it made this "poof" sound as if something blew. I lost everything--brakes, power steering, and it stalled

Hi, thanks for writing in. It is possible that the "poof" and exhaust smell (rotten gas smell?) both originated from the catalytic converter, and sulfur deposits in the converter. The engine may have backfired through the exhaust, setting off a...

Q: Car did not engage going forward, nor in reverse

Hi we will be happy to help. The issue you are experiencing is likely due to a form of preventive maintenance that your vehicle needs. The maintenance that I'm referring to is the clutch actuator adjustment. Overtime, the clutch will...

Q: Q: Transmission slipping only in reverse

What a technician would do is first check the level and condition of the transmission fluid on your 2001 Audi A8 Quattro. Next, they would use a Volkswagen-compatable scan tool which will allow the Transmission Control Module (TCM) to be...