Q: No dashboard lights & night time taillight

Recently after a front end collision my dash and night time tail lights wont work the 15 a fuse does blow everytime i put a new one in . Indicating a short . Probably a knick in the wire or a loose connection grounding itself . How would i find this problem efficiency . Would a tone generator and reciver "fox and hound" tool hooked into the taillight fuse spot be a simple way of finding this short along the harness . Thanks 96 toyo tercel

Hey there. You will want to try to use a short tracker tool or a small circuit breaker in the place of the fuse. Turn on the parking lights. Then you will need to start at the site of site of the damage and work from the front most light and trace each wire until the short or damaged wire is found and then repair and secure the harness. If you need help having this diagnosed and repaired, have a certified technician inspect the electrical system for you for repair.