Q: No crank.no start

Put a new ignition switch in still have same problem.no crank.have power to everything else.

A: This is likely one of the other components ...

This is likely one of the other components in your starting system: battery, alternator, or starter. First, use a multi meter to test the voltage of your battery. It should read atleast 12.6 volts. Next, you will need to test the voltage of your alternator. Usually, the vehicle needs to be running, luckily many parts shops have alternator testers. It should read between 13.8 and 14.2 volts. Lastly, if your turn the ignition and only hear one click from the starter, it is likely your starter that is keeping your vehicle from starting. A good way to test the starter is to take a metal object, such as a small hammer, and knock on the starter while someone is turning the ignition. If you find any component in your starting system to be bad, replace it. If you are uncomfortable performing any of these tasts, hire a qualified mechanic to do it for you.

Recommended services
Get a Quote