Q: No cold air coming from air conditioning.

About 2 weeks ago I started noticing a random hissing sound coming from the passenger side of my 2008 Mazda Tribute. The sounds was completely random and sounded like pressure was being released from somewhere. About a week ago I noticed the air is not getting as cold so I assumed it was just low refrigerant. Finally got around to checking that and the pressure is reading way too high. I havent added any refrigerant or tested anything else. Any ideas of what I can check myself before shelling out $500 to have someone else check?

Hi. Usually when the pressure is too high in the A/C system, it means there is a restriction in the A/C system. There could be a clog in the evaporator from debris that has broken off from something in the other parts of the A/C system. Sometimes, the orifice tube clogs up and causes this problem as well. The compressor can also stop working or have an intermittent problem causing high pressure in the A/C system.

I suggest you have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, determine the source of the noise and suggest any necessary repairs.

3. No cold air coming from air conditioning.