Q: No brake lights. Bulbs are good and 3rd brake light works. Problem?

Main brake lights do not work. Third brake light does work. Tested bulbs and they are good, Problem?

A: Hello there, thanks for writing in. It seem...

Hello there, thanks for writing in. It seems that faulty brake lights are a common problem with 2000 Pontiac Montanas. If the 3rd brake light works than the brake switch is working properly. The most common causes would be a wiring harness fault, failed taillight assembly, or a faulty bulb socket. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your brake light issues and make any repairs required by simply coming to your home or office.