Q: No brake lights. Bulbs are good and 3rd brake light works. Problem?

Main brake lights do not work. Third brake light does work. Tested bulbs and they are good, Problem?

Hello there, thanks for writing in. It seems that faulty brake lights are a common problem with 2000 Pontiac Montanas. If the 3rd brake light works than the brake switch is working properly. The most common causes would be a wiring harness fault, failed taillight assembly, or a faulty bulb socket. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your brake light issues and make any repairs required by simply coming to your home or office.