NGK Website claims they don't require to use dielectric substance while replacing spark plug wires. Do you suggest not using too?
My car has an automatic transmission.
It is generally still a good idea to use it since it can help keep out moisture which could potentially start corrosion that builds up between the plug and plug wire. The only time not to use it is when the manufacture specifically says not to.
If they mention that it's not require, then you can go ahead and use it to prolong the wires life and have less problems later on. Use a pea size amount on each plug. If you need help replacing your spark plugs, have a certified mechanic do the service for you.
Have a car question? Get free advice from our top-rated mechanics.
Our certified mechanics come to you ・Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee・Save up to 30%