Q: New wheel bearing hub assembly

I just replaced the wheel bearing hub assembly on both front driver and passenger side, let me just say when i pulled it off the ball bearings hit the ground, the first day or two it sounded smooth, i loved it now its making kinda the same noise just no where near as loud but kinda gets quite when i turn the wheel to the right but its starts at about 25-35 mph and get louder the faster i go. It sounds like the bearrings but they are brand new? What could it be? I know there was a red ring that came in the box that didnt get put on they said there was not one on there when they took it off? It would be ok? Please help i cant afford exspensive labor so i try to find someone cheap like dirt cheap also need someone to fix it but im broke need help with that too

Hello, yes it does sound like you have a bearing issue. That red ring is a seal located in the knuckle area where the bearing mounts, it is for keeping moisture and debris away from bearing. The important things to do when replacing this type of bearing is having the area clean and the proper torque on the fasteners. Most important is the torque of the large nut that connects to the half shaft. That torque gives that bearing the correct operating preload. If not torqued correctly the bearing will prematurely fail. If you’d like, a certified Your Mechanic technician can come to your location to look at this issue. Please look at this web site for more information and service options for your hub bearing service.

3. New wheel bearing hub assembly