Q: New stereo won't turn on.

I finished wiring up the harness and everything. Before I went to put it and all the trim panels back in place I tested the stereo. Everything was working fine. I then put the stereo in with the all the trim panels and it stopped working. I checked over the wiring again and the only odd thing there was that the yellow constant 12v didn't have any voltage. The other odd thing was that the automatic lights won't turn on and I can't unlock my doors with my fob, I have to use the keys.

Hi there:

It’s possible that when you pushed the stereo into the dash and installed the cover, there may have been an exposed or pinched wire that shorted and caused damage to an electrical relay or a fuse. I’d start by checking your fuses and relay’s to ensure you have power to all the accessories, or replace the damaged components. If this doesn’t help, contact a professional mechanic to complete an electrical problems inspection.

3. New stereo won't turn on.