Q: New starter won't start car.

I just installed a new starter and the electrical system is suddenly wigging out. Dash and interior lights are turn on/off w/o the key in the ignition. When I do try to start the car the starter doesn't seem to respond, but when I turn the ignition back off and remove the key the system starts clicking and you can hear it thru the speakers.

Hi there. Check the ground wire from the starter to the chassis or engine. The ground wire is either loose or has a loose butt connector. A loose ground will effect the electrical system in a vehicle and cause the system to malfunction. If you need further assistance with your electrical issues, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.