Q: New starter new battery

The car is a supercharged GTP. The car randomly wouldn't start, let it sit 30 min, and it starts again. Shortly after that, the car would still start, but the engine turned over slowly for about 5 seconds before starting again. Then it wouldnt start any more. Still made the slow turning over noise. Then only clicking noise when trying to start. Replaced the starter, still clicking, replaced the battery with a 600 CCA's. It wanted to start but then didn't after about 5 attempts. Now only clicks again. I'm assuming the battery we put in is not strong enough? Keep in mind it's cold outside. Next thing we're trying is to buy at least an 800 CCA battery. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hi there. After reading your question, it is possible that you have an ignition system failure occurring. In most cases like this, a cam or crankshaft position sensor (or the electrical harness attached to them) may be worn out, which creates erratic ignition timing problems. It is also possible that the ignition relay is worn out as well. The replacement of the battery might be a good idea, but I would recommend purchasing the right battery for your vehicle; and not one that is "bigger". There are some very good cold weather cranking amp batteries out there; so this is they type I would recommend for your vehicle. If you’d like to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection, depending on where you live, we might be able to help.

3. New starter new battery