Q: New rotors

The rotors and brake pads were changed on the front two wheels only, and now the car cannot go in a straight line. At about 30 mph, It either falls off to the left, or falls off to the right, but it cannot steer straight ahead. The only thing that was done was change the rotors and brakes. I have been told the rotors are either the wrong ones or a clip that is suppose to be on there is not, and this clip makes them seat properly, but because it is not there, the rotors move slightly from centrifugal force as I go faster. Does that sound correct?

Hello. The symptoms you describe can be caused by a wide variety of issues. If the brakes were recently serviced I would start by looking at the components that were changed. Incorrect or low quality rotors can both cause the vehicle to pull, verifying if they are the correct ones, and if they are of adequate quality would be a good idea. Similar symptoms can also be caused by seized or faulty calipers, if they are unable to retract properly and place drag on one or more of the wheels. Another common cause for steering pull is worn suspension joints and bushings, so I would also inspect the vehicle’s front suspension and steering components for any signs of wear or damage that could potentially be causing the issue. As the possibilities could be many, if you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what may be causing the steering to wander.